ARRIVE: Sunday, June 25th, 2023 DEPART: Sunday, July 9th, 2023 Applications for AlpenKammerMusik are due by February 15, 2023.
AlpenKammerMusik’s strength lies in its diversity. We have had participants as young as 18, as well as participants in their 80s. Whether you are an undergraduate student at a conservatory, a member of an emerging string quartet, or a dedicated amateur, AlpenKammerMusik can provide a level of collaboration and instruction that will appropriately challenge you.
- Participants are placed in 2-3 carefully chosen groups by level which have daily rehearsals. Most groups will include a member of our outstanding faculty, and all groups receive regular coaching.
- AlpenKammerMusik’s focus is on the canon of chamber music for strings, winds, voice, and piano. Occasionally, we may also bring in other instruments, such as guitar and percussion. Applicants make repertoire requests when applying, and requests are taken into consideration when building a balanced program for the festival. Note that for the 2023 festival, we will not be running our vocal program.
- In addition to the intensive rehearsal schedule, AKM presents master classes, lectures, and individual instruction.
- In free time, participants can take advantage of the many activities available in the Lesachtal region. The local innkeepers and tourism office can offer information about hiking, fishing, shopping, restaurants, and other activities. We also encourage you to bring scores and parts for any sight-reading you would like to do!
- Most performances happen at the Kultursaal-Liesing, which is part of the local cultural and community center. The Kultursaal can seat up to 500 people and has a Bechstein grand piano. Other concerts may take place in nearby halls, churches, or schools.
- We aim to keep AKM an intimate, special experience. Our ideal complement of participants each summer is 8 violins, 4 violas, 6 cellos, 1 double bass, 5 pianists, 2 clarinets, 1 flute, 1 oboe, 1 bassoon, 1 horn, and other instruments, on occasion.
- Some instruments are highly competitive to get into so we advise getting an application in early.
- Scholarships are very limited and based on both merit and festival needs.